365 Days of Happiness: June

Monday 3 July 2017




Happy July Everyone!

Sorry for being so quiet on the blog this month. There's no excuse really, life got busy, wasn't getting enough sleep, and having a little bit of writer's block. But I feel the blogging bug coming back, so I'm ready to dive back in again! 

Looking back on June, there were a lot of highlights and some really exciting moments. Reading along you'll be able to see what I mean, but for now just know that the future looks good! 







1. Treated myself to some Kmart house goodies and stocked up on journals. Couldn't resist the Disney ones that were on sale!

2. Today was a very difficult day losing our beloved dog Buddy. I'm really grateful for everyone sending their love. 

3. We had our first Strength session at Crossfit today. Only a bunch of us get to do it, so I'm happy to get to take part. We did a 2km tire flip in teams of five. I got covered in mud, bruises, and I can't feel my forearms, but I feel a bit like a super-hero. 

4. Burgers with the family and a Sunday night ice cream treat with Steve.

5. It was a public holiday today so we did a hero workout at CrossFit. My running felt really good! It helped that I was just trying to keep ahead of the boys the whole time. 

6. I've been looking at dog breeders to get more info about adopting a puppy later in the year. I have my heart set on it!

7. Had a cheat meal of fish and chips today!

8. This mornings CF class was so fun!
2000m run then 50 wall balls
1000m run then 35 wall balls
500m run then 20 wall balls

9. I got to leave work early today, so I couldn't resist going to the mall and checking out what home-wares were on sale. 

10. Didn't realize I had bought garlic pita breads to make pizzas with, but they turned out amazing! Then we had chocolate ice cream and it made our night perfect. 

11. Had a lovely afternoon with Mum: we had coffee, went food shopping together, and each brought cool welcome mats. 

12. We got to do a classic CrossFit workout called "DT" today. I've done it once before and wanted to do better this time. I went heavier and still came in under the time cap, so I was really happy!

13. Did a little bargain shopping today. I got:
Set of 6 wine glasses $12
Photo Frame $5
Baking Pan (great quality!) $7.50




14. Was having a crappy morning so I got a McDonald's cheat meal (double serve of chips!) I later watched the Parent Trap and it was as good as I remember. 

15. Went a little crazy on pay day in the home-ware section again, surprise surprise. I got the good knives I wanted on sale. Later I got to Steve's and he surprised me with a Dominoes dinner.

16. Finally got around to booking out plane tickets to Hawaii, and we got such a good deal on them. They were half the price we were going to pay. It all feels real now!





17. I got my hands on one of the amazing donuts my favorite cafe have been selling. So worth the wait!

18. Steve made me breakfast in bed this morning. He made my favorite: croissants with pesto, veggie bacon and tomatoes. 

19. Was in a horrible mood all day (thank you hormones) but once I got to CF and did some heavy lifting I felt 100% better and back to normal Steph. 

20. Went into Steve's work just to have lunch with him. I then came home and cooked up a whole bunch of food prep for him. 

21. Did a sneaky trip to the pet store so I could get an idea of what puppy things I will need. My future dog is going to be so spoiled!





22. Had a nice lunch with Mum after a morning at work. Then we went into Kmart and found that they were selling the A-frame bookshelves I've been wanting for $35! There were two left, with one damaged packaging and the other one perfect. Safe to say I had to buy it immediately!

23. Had a looong day at work but the boyfriend made the bed and set up a game of UNO for us. It's the small things that make me happy. 




24. The day of our in-house CrossFit competition! I really loved the workouts and felt really proud of myself. I even came 3rd place in the scaled division! 

25. Steve and Me had a lovely brunch with some awesome friends. We are lucky enough to be renting /lovingly looking after their house in October and it was the first time we were seeing it. Couldn't be more thrilled! 

26. Heavy cleans at CF today felt really good. Then I came home to my Aunt's doggies that we will be looking after and they were so happy to see me! It's nice having some furry faces around the house again. 





27. Took Lily and Rosie out for a walk around the park and it felt so good to get fresh air. On the drive home Rosie wouldn't get off my lap the whole way. Too cute!

28. I watched the engagement video for my two new favorite YouTubers, Acacia & Jairus. It all happened during a Disney light show. So lovely!

29. Another Thursday lunch out with Mum, I also ventured into Kmart (again) and scored a cool hanging shelf for $6!

30. Captured the most beautiful sunrise this morning. I finally got to chill out with Steve after barely seeing him all week and it was just what I needed. 



That was actually quite a busy month, no wonder it went so fast! 
I'm secretly hoping July will be the same. It's only a month until we go to Hawaii and it's getting more real now. I haven't really had any time off this year and work 6 days a week with my split shifts, so I am dying for a break. I can't wait to put on my shorts again, feel the sand between my toes and just have fun with the people I love. 

Goals for July:

Blog regularly again! 
Declutter my room
Pack for Hawaii
Train hard for the Spartan Race


What were some highlights from June for you?
Steph x. 

1 comment :

  1. Oh sounds like you had a lovely June! :-) I hope July will treat you as well as June did :-)

    ♥ Jasmin N
    // Little Things With Jassy

    ReplyDelete